Who we are
We are a family run business based in Poole, Dorset that aims to bring you quality cosmetics, that are and always will be Cruelty-Free, Non-Toxic and Vegan. Not only do we wish to provide great products that we know you will love and are better for you, we also want to provide great customer service. We believe that our Quality, Values and Range are our best selling points.
We work very hard maintain our standards and are always working to improve things. If you have any queries, suggestions or requests, please use the contact us form and let us know your thoughts. We always value our customers feedback and will aim to get back to you asap.
What we do
We at LivOliv don’t agree with the use of harsh, toxic chemicals in cosmetics, especially when there are better alternatives available and dedicate lots of time & effort in sourcing them for our products. We ensure that our products are free from the five worst toxic chemicals commonly used in other brands. These products are referred to as being 5-Free.
‘5-Free’ means the product is free from these five nasty chemicals:
- Toluene is a liquid solvent used as a nail polish thinner – that smells just like paint thinner. Which can make you feel dizzy & sick. It is also a skin irritant and may cause liver damage as well as fetal development damage to unborn babies. This chemical is derived from petroleum. Our alternative? Ethyl Acetate, which is Non-Toxic & also Vegan.
- Formaldehyde is a chemical commonly used to preserve dead humans & animals. It’s vapours are irritating and can allegedly cause asthma. Formaldehyde is a known human carcinogen – a factor directly involved in causing cancer.
- Formaldehyde resin is derived from formaldehyde. It’s not as toxic or harmful, but can still be an allergen. This chemical is mainly used in the production of adhesives.
- DBP is a commonly used plasticiser that has been linked to cancer, and is also found to be connected to birth defects. This toxin was actually added to the California Proposition 65 list of suspected teratogens (agents which cause malformation of an embryo).
- Camphor is a poison, plasticiser, and rust repellent. Enough exposure to it can cause seizures and disorientation. This chemical acts as a cover on your nails, which causes that yellow staining, as it prevents them from receiving essential natural vitamins from sunlight and oxygen.
Why are these chemicals even around? Why are they being used in nail polish and other cosmetics by other brands? Because they’re cheap, they’re easy to source, and they do the job quickly!
We absolutely love animals and are completely against cruelty to animals of any kind for any reason, and we NEVER use them in the creation of our products, and ensure the ingredients are not tested on animals either.
We are also pleased to say that we only source Vegan ingredients for all our products. Why? Because we believe our products should be inclusive to everyone who cares about their skin. Whether you’re vegan or not, we believe you’ll benefit from our healthy, non-toxic, non-animal derived products.
LivOliv are proud to provide you with quality cosmetics using Non-Toxic, Cruelty-Free and Vegan ingredients. Liv…happily!